Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Would you let your son choose your nail polish?

Last night I lived dangerously and let my 6 year old son loose in my nail polish bowl. It's usually kept high up and out of reach so he was quite interested to have a poke around. I asked him to pick what colour polish I should wear. Now you'd think he wouldn't be interested right? I was quite impressed.

He took the time to consider all the options and eventually selected Revlon's Touch of Mauve. This polish is actually quite different from most of my collection. I tend to favour bright pinks and Touch of Mauve is a soft pinky brown polish. I do quite like it though, and while I don't reach for it often I'm always pleasantly suprised by how much I do like it when I wear it.


I've found that many of the polishes that fall into the "nude" category of colour apply much too sheer. If I want a completely nude nail I'll just leave it bare and not go to the trouble of applying polish. Touch of Mauve doesn't have this problem. It applies completely opaque with two coats and is just as chip resistant as my OPI polishes (with a top coat of Seche Vite of course).

You can see other's reviews of this shade at Makeup Alley, a great go-to site for makeup reviews which has an amazingly extensive database of current and past products and shades. I do quite a bit of pre-purchase research there.

No comments: