Saturday, October 27, 2012

Weight Watchers Day 1 - Did I Survive?

I really tempted fate today by going on a 6 hour op-shop tour and not taking my lunch with me.  I swapped meals and took my afternoon tea on the bus with me, but with all the walking around it wasn't nearly enough.  By the time I got home at 3.30 I was very very ready for my lunch.  Using the Weight Watchers lunch recipe actually made a much nicer sandwich than I would normally have made for myself.  Usually I wouldn't bother with things like grated carrot, lettuce and other vegetables but they actually made a big difference in how it tasted.

I survived the day, but I am feeling very hungry.  The only thing I had that I hadn't planned for was a small glass of orange juice on the op-shop tour as the girls were passing around champagne and orange (I just had the orange) for the Melbourne Cup theme.  Feeling hungry isn't really a problem as I know that I've actually had enough to eat and I'm just adjusting to not over-eating.  Anyway, if my body needs any more energy it has some stored to use, that's the point of the excercise after all!

One of my objectives to find on this tour was a garment that I really liked that is in my goal size.  And I have found a beauty.  A thick houndstooth black and white pencil skirt is now waiting in my wardrobe for the day when I can slip into it easily.  It actually fits me now, but is a little too tight for comfortable walking.  It's now my inspiration piece and will serve as a reward for my hard work.

No comments: