Friday, October 26, 2012

How I got Weight Watchers recipes for free

A bit more information about my weight loss plan which I am starting on Saturday:

The boys and I visited the library to borrow all the books we could find by Mem Fox for a school project my older son is doing.  He needs to do a talk about his favourite Mem Fox book.  Though we have a house full of children's books we don't have any by Mem Fox as I really don't care for Possum Magic which is her famous book.  He managed to track down four lesser known titles and is reading through them to pick his favourite.

While we were there I picked up all the Weight Watchers magazines they had in stock.  This was less than it sounds because they only had four in stock.  It ended up being only three as when I got them home I discovered that one of them was so old it had the old points system.

The purpose of borrowing the magazines was to grab the recipes and menu ideas without having to spend any extra money.  This worked great.  I was able to work out a week of breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner meals from those three magazines and a couple of recipes I downloaded from their website.

I have dinner out with family on Sunday nights so my plan is to stick strictly to the daily points allowance for 6 days and save all the 'extra' points for Sunday night so I can have anything I want (and not offend the cooks).  Of course the real test will be when I try it and see if I'm starving hungry on the bare minimum of points each day.  Look for an update on Saturday night and we'll see.

And because photographs of magazines aren't that interesting, here's a picture of my younger son looking cute:

No comments: