Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lust Have It - January 2013

This is the best beauty box I've received in a long time. 

The new packaging is lovely, the only thing that would improve it would be the removal of the company's logo on the spine.  I'm not likely to keep and re-use the box with advertising showing on it.  Looking around the web, I think I got the best version of this months's box.  I received:

  • Lush Emotional Brilliance in "Sophisticated" (full size).  Described by Lush as shimmering taupe I found the shade to be very wearable for a less dramatic everyday eye look.  It was extremely easy and mess free to apply and lasted and lasted.  I think I'm going to buy some of the other products in this range.
  • Nude by Nature BB Cream in "Medium" (full size).  I would have chosen "Light" but at least I can have a go with medium.  I wish Lust Have It would send out foundations tailored to people's skin tone.  I got luckier than some bloggers (some pale skinned girls received "Dark") and I'm pretty excited to try this.
  • Lust Have It Kabuki brush (full size).  This is actually the third kabuki brush in my collection so it will be perfect to put in my travel bag as it's a short handled version.  I use a kabuki brush every day and find them perfect for foundation application.  This brush is lovely and soft and dense.  I tried it out straight away and it works very well.
  • Klorane Shampoo and Conditioner (sachets).  I'd prefer a slightly larger sample size as it's difficult to assess a product on one application and I have long hair so there's never enough conditioner in a sachet.  Having said that, there were three full sized products in this month's box so I'm not too annoyed at the small size.
  • Avene Cleanance Skin Range (large sample size).  I've already received this range in Bella Box but I've just finished the gel cleanser and loved it so I've happy to have another to go on with.  I don't try the exfoliant or anti-shine moisturiser as they're not suitable for my skin type.  The gel cleanser is, however, very good indeed and worth a purchase when I run out.

No comments: