Monday, December 24, 2012

Super Easy Last Minute Christmas Nails

It's Christmas Eve and I suddenly really wanted to have red and gold glittery Christmas themed nails.  Sadly my nail polish bowl (I use a vintage Pyrex bowl which is just gorgeous for nail polish storage) had absolutely no glitter at all.  I did find the perfect Christmas red polish in my collection - Red Hot Ayers Rock by OPI.  It's a really bright red that isn't brown or orange at all.  If you imagine the classic Christmas red colour it's exactly that.

So a couple of coats later and I had my red Christmas nails, still lacking glitter.  Now there's lots and lots of glitter nail polish options. I had in mind a clear polish with gold glitter in it to go over the red nails.  But in a small town on Christmas Eve there's not a lot of options to purchase nail polish (OK actually none at all).  If I'd been a bit more organized I could of course get anything I wanted in the world online.

Then I had a brainwave and raided my husband's top drawer where he had secreted some gold glitter dust he'd used to help the kids make birthday cards for me a month ago.  A nice thick wet coat of clear top coat, a thin dusting of glitter and another thick clear top coat and I'm good to go.  The gold glitter stands out really well over the red and it turned out just as I'd imagined.

If you need some last minute Christmas nail art that's super easy give it a try, and just for fun check out the Christmas nail art that's going on around the web at the moment.  There's some very talented people out there.

No comments: