Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lust Have It October 2012 Box



The Lust Have It box for October has arrived packed full of goodies.  I got the fun and flirty box.

Mask in a Cup Facial Mask (full size)

I'm trying this tonight so I'll update with how it went.

NYX Cosmetics Girls Nail Polish (full size)

I got Milano.  I thought from looking at the bottle that it was going to be a rather unattractive brown, though my husband disagreed and voted for silver.  After a couple of coats it turned out to be a slightly sparkly silver with a hint of brown.  I quite like it.  I'm tying to move away from just pinks and reds and this made a nice change.

Avene Cleanance Skin (sample sizes, enough for three or so applications)

Gel Cleanser - This was nothing special when I used it, but after I finished cleansing and followed it up with the accompanying moisturiser I've noticed that my skin feels smoother than usual.  There was enough in the bottle for quite a few goes (though not enough of the moisturiser to accompany it) so I'll finish using this.  I'm not sure it was special enough to purchase a full sized bottle though.

Cream Exfoliant - I didn't try this.  I squinted at the tiny writing on the bottle and discovered that it was going to have a skin peeling effect.  I've done that a couple of times by accident when I've had a bad reaction to a cleanser and I can't imagine doing that to myself on purpose.  This one went in the bin!  I did really appreciate that it was written clearly on the bottle though so I could avoid damaging my skin by accident.

Anti-Shine Moisturiser - This little product did exactly what it said.  It was totally no-shine.  I got a bit worried when my skin tingled when I first applied it.  I almost quickly wiped it off again.  Luckily the reaction didn't go any further and my face is fine.

Caron Waxaway Ready To Use Sensitive Wax Strips (two strips, not enough to do a full wax)

I don't wax.  And now I know why.  Ouch!  Every follicle on the strip I waxed is now red and angry with me.  The strip worked just fine, and the accompanying after-wax wipe was soothing, but my leg looks so angry there's no way I would want my whole leg to look like that.  Three hours later every follicle is still red and angry looking.  Not a good look.

Star & Rose White Bath Fizzer (full size)

I thought this was doing nothing.  It melted nice and quickly into my bath and completely dissapeared.  I usually like my bath to have a pretty colour or some bubbles or something.  I couldn't tell there was anything in there at all.  I was all set to blog that the fizzer had done absolutely nothing, until I dried myself off after my bath.  Then I noticed that I didn't need to moisturise my legs.  I had shaved the bits I couldn't cover with the wax sample which usually dries out my skin.  So I guess the fizzer did do something after all.  It's not a product I would choose though, for a luxury relaxing bath product I like to see it (the aforementioned colour or bubbles do the trick).

No comments: